Von Huber Hungarian Vizslas is a highly reputable breeder of Hungarian Vizslas located in the Eden Valley of Cumbria, UK. Owned by David Huber, Von Huber specializes in breeding healthy, happy Hungarian Vizslas with excellent temperaments.
In this breeder profile, learn all about Von Huber dogs and why they should be on your short list if you’re looking for a Vizsla in the UK.
About the Breeder: Von Huber Hungarian Vizslas from the United Kingdom
Von Huber is a small, boutique breeding operation run by David “Dave” Huber. Dave has over 20 years of experience breeding and showing Hungarian Vizslas. His kennel is licensed, regulated, and a member of the UK Kennel Club Assured Breeder Scheme.
Located on a country estate in the northwest region of England, Von Huber focuses on producing high-quality Vizsla puppies from fully health-tested parents. Their dogs live in the home as family pets and hunting companions. The breeding adults are proven show champions and working gundogs.
Von Huber Hungarian Vizslas is highly regarded among Vizsla fanciers for producing dogs with excellent structure, health, and temperament. Their puppies are in high demand, with long wait lists.
Visit their website to learn more about this outstanding Vizsla breeder.
Why Choose Von Huber Vizslas?
There are many reasons why a Von Huber Hungarian Vizsla should top your list if you’re looking for a Vizsla puppy in the UK:
Health and Welfare
The health and welfare of the dogs come first at Von Huber. All breeding dogs are health-tested for issues like hip dysplasia and have excellent genetic backgrounds. The kennel is regulated and involved in the Kennel Club Assured Breeder Scheme to ensure responsible practices.
Von Huber Vizslas are bred for their exceptional temperaments. The puppies are well socialized from birth and have calm, affectionate personalities—perfect for an active family companion.
Each litter produces puppies selectively bred from champion pedigree lines. Von Huber Vizslas excels in both conformation and the ability to work in the field.
The breeder provides lifetime guidance and support to all puppy buyers. This ensures the transition to a new home is smooth.
In summary, Von Huber is a small and selective breeder producing some of the top-quality Vizslas in the UK. Their focus on health, temperament, work ability, and support makes them a premier choice.
Overview of the Hungarian Vizsla Dog Breed
Before getting a Vizsla, it’s important to understand this very lively and energetic sporting breed.
Here’s a quick overview of Vizsla characteristics:
- Originally bred to be gundogs and falconry companions in Hungary
- Medium-sized, short-coated, rusty gold dog
- Incredibly energetic and athletic, she needs loads of exercise.
- Very intelligent and highly trainable.
- Devoted “Velcro” dog that bonds intensely with family
- Affectionate, gentle, and sensitive; does not do well isolated
- Owners need to be prepared to provide extensive daily exercise and training.
- Prone to separation anxiety and destruction if left alone for long periods
- Excellent companion for active singles or families; thrives with a job to do
The Vizsla is not a breed suited to casual pet owners. But for active individuals able to provide proper care, they are a loyal sporting partner and affectionate family dog.
What to Expect with a Von Huber Vizsla Puppy
Von Huber is extremely invested in ensuring their Vizsla puppies get off to a great start in their new homes.
Here’s what future owners can expect:
- Puppies are handled from birth and exposed to many sights and sounds for socialization. This helps build confident temperaments.
- They are weaned and begin housetraining at 5–6 weeks before going to new homes at 8–10 weeks.
- Quality pedigree papers, health clearances, microchips, deworming, and first shots are included.
- Lifetime breeder support: Von Huber is always available to answer questions and provide guidance.
- A family companion focus: pups are raised around children and other pets to be well-rounded companions.
- The care packet goes home with each puppy, outlining diet, house training, exercise, grooming, and training tips.
Von Huber is deeply invested in setting up each puppy for success. New owners can expect an exuberant, healthy, and well-socialized Vizsla ready to bond with their new family and live a life of adventure.
- Are Vizslas Good Guard Dogs? See If Vizslas Make Good Guard Dogs
- Why Vizslas Are the Best Dogs: Hungarian Vizsla Pros and Cons
- How Much Do Vizslas Shed – Quick Guide To Vizsla Shedding
Caring for Your Von Huber Vizsla Puppy
Bringing a Hungarian Vizslas UK puppy in your household is an exciting time, but the work is just beginning! Here are some must-know care tips that you need to know:
Vizslas need at least 60 minutes per day of hard exercise and play as adults. Puppies under 2 years old should not do excessive running or jumping that stresses developing joints. Take them on short leash walks and have active off-leash play periods in safe areas. Provide interactive toys and training games that challenge their minds.
Start training and socializing your Vizsla puppy as soon as possible. Use positive reinforcement and keep training sessions fun and brief. Sign up for puppy classes right away and continue through to advanced training. An untrained Vizsla will be a nightmare!
Vizslas attach intensely to their people. Ease your puppy into being alone by starting with very short periods and providing special chew toys only when alone. Never acknowledge anxious behavior when you return. Build up alone time gradually to prevent destructive separation anxiety.
The Vizsla’s short coat requires only weekly brushing and occasional bathing as needed. Check and clean large, floppy ears weekly. Brush teeth and trim nails on a regular schedule.
With the right exercise, training, attention, and living conditions, your Von Huber Vizsla will mature into an amazing companion ready for all of life’s adventures with you!
Von Huber Hungarian Vizslas: The Bottom Line
In summary, here are the key points to remember about Von Huber Hungarian Vizslas:
- Long-established UK breeder with an excellent reputation for health, quality, and temperament in their Vizslas
- A small, selective breeding program focused on the dogs rather than commercial gain
- Member of the Kennel Club Assured Breeder Scheme and regulated by UK authorities
- Breeds proven to show champions from health-tested lines
- Puppies are raised in the home around people, sights, sounds, and other pets for ideal socialization.
- Provides lifetime support and guidance to puppy buyers.
- Produces some of the top pedigree Vizslas in the UK.
For buyers seeking a Vizsla in the UK, Von Huber Hungarian Vizslas should be at the top of your list to investigate. Their commitment to the dogs, buyers, and breed standards sets them apart. Bring one of their amazing Vizslas into your active family! Please reach out to the breeder through their website to learn more and get on their waitlist for upcoming litters.
What is the Life Expectancy of a Vizsla?
Well, in the United Kingdom, Vizslas usually live for about 10 to 14 years. They can enjoy a good, long life if you take care of them properly.
What Breeds Were Used to Make a Vizsla?
The Hungarian Vizsla is a mix of different dog breeds, like pointers, hounds, and maybe some German and Italian dogs. They combined these to create the Vizsla we know today.
Do Vizslas Bond With One Person?
Yep, Vizslas often get really close to one person, but they’re friendly with everyone in the house. So, they may have a favorite, but they love the whole gang.
What is a Common Disease on a Vizsla?
Hip dysplasia is a common health concern for Vizslas. It can make them uncomfortable, so responsible breeders watch out for it.
At What Age is a Vizsla Considered a Senior?
Usually, around 7 to 9 years old, a Vizsla is considered a senior. That’s when they might need some extra TLC.
What Was the Hungarian Vizslas Original Use?
Hungarian Vizslas were born to be hunters. They were top-notch gun dogs, helping with deer stalking and more.
How Long Do Vizslas Normally Live?
On average, Vizslas live about 10 to 14 years in the UK, which is pretty good.
Do Vizslas Have a Favorite Person?
Absolutely, Vizslas often pick a favorite person in the family, but they’re friendly to everyone and appreciate the company of the whole crew.